Chana Bhature or Chole Bhature is the most tempting dish from Punjab in India. One of the finest delicacies of the region. I have been recipe testing due to lockdown and I think I am going to add this to the menus I am working on for new classes. Loved making these and hope you enjoy making too.
Ingredients 11/2 cup (180g)
Plain flour 1/2 cup ( 60g)
Fine Semolina 11/2 tsp
Baking powder 2 tsp
Sugar 3 tbsp
Sunflower oil 1/2 cup (150g)
Yogurt 2 cups
Sunflower oil for deep frying
1. Take plain flour in a mixing bowl. Add semolina, salt, sugar and baking powder. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Add oil and mix well. Add yogurt after and with fingers mix all together.
3. Check if the dough needs more water. You can add water or more yogurt whichever you choose.
4. Knead the dough for 5 minutes till it’s soft.
5. Put a cling film and leave it to rest for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Divide the dough into equal pieces , roll them to oval shape or circular which you prefer.
7. Heat the oil in a deep bottomed saucepan.
8. Add a small piece of dough and check if oil is at right temperature.
9. Gently place the bhatura in the oil. The bhatura will start puffing up. Fry till it’s golden brown on both sides.
10. Take them out and drain off the excess oil by placing them on kitchen paper. 11. Serve hot with Chana Masala.