Chana Bhature or Chole Bhature is the most tempting dish from Punjab in India. One of the finest delicacies of the region. I have been recipe testing due to lockdown and I think I am going to add this to the menus I am working on for new classes. Loved making these and hope you enjoy making too.
Ingredients 2 Canned Chickpeas
1 tbsp Sliced Ginger
2 Red onions chopped
4 Tomatoes chopped
1 tbsp Amchur powder
1 tbsp Pomegranate seeds ( dried )
Salt to taste
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsps Coriander powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Chilli powder ( adjust to your spice level )
Coriander leaves to garnish
2 tbsp Sunflower oil
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds, fry for 30 sec or till they start popping.
2. Add sliced ginger, fry for a minute. Then add onions and fry till the onions are soft. This will take around 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add amchur powder and pomegranate seeds. Mix well.
4. Now add tomatoes and fry for couple of minutes or till tomatoes are soft.
5. Add coriander powder, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
6. Add cup of water, mix and put a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Chana masala boiling away so keep checking if there is enough water in the pan.
8. Once you are happy with thickness of gravy, mash few chickpeas to bring it all together.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with bhaturas.
10. Serve hot with Bhature.