Cheese Pizza Roll recipe is kids all time favourite.
The recipe is for pizza as well as for the cheesy rolls. They taste super delicious and so easy to make.
300g Plain flour
2 tsp Dried Yeast
2 tbsp Sunflower oil
1/2 tsp Sugar
3/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Oregano
300 to 325ml Warm Water
1. Take a mixing bowl and add flour, salt, yeast, sugar and oregano. Mix all and then add oil.
2. Slowly add half of water start mixing the dough and add water little by little to check if it is enough.
3. Once there are no dry flour bits in the bowl, start kneading the dough for 5 to 6 mins. You will have a very smooth dough after kneading.
4. Grease with oil all around, cover and leave to rest for 2 hours.
2 garlic cloves sliced
1 Red Onion finely chopped ( optional, I sometimes add )
1 can of Chopped Tomatoes
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
1. In a frying pan, add oil and sliced garlic. Gently roast for 1 minute.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, paprika and oregano. Mix all.
3. Summer and let it cook for atleast 10 minutes.
4. By now the sauce will start to thicken and oil starts separating.
5. Switch off and let it cool.
Making the pizza rolls:
1 or 2 cups cheddar cheese ( depending on cheese you want the rolls to be)
Fresh Basil Leaves
1. Dust the surface and roll the dough to a rectangle.
2. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the top.
3. Add grated cheese over the sauce.
4. Place the basil leaves over the cheese.
5. Gently roll the dough into a cylinder shape.
6. Take a sharp knife and cut into 1 inch pieces.
7. Place them on an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Put in the oven at 220C for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Extra 5 minutes if needed to get golden colour.
10. Serve them immediately.