Learn how to make naan bread home. You don’t need a tandoor for this recipe. So easy to make and tastes amazing!
Yeast – 1.5 tsp
Sugar – 1.5 tsp
Warm water – 1 cup (230ml)
Plain Flour – 3 cups ( 350g)
Salt – 1 tsp
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Natural Yogurt – 3 tbsp
Sunflower oil for greasing
Melted butter – 2 tbsp
1. Add warm water to a mixing bowl and then add yeast and Sugar. Mix well.
2. Put a cling film to the bowl and let it rest for 10 min. Keep aside.
3. Take a big mixing bowl. Add plain flour and salt. Mix all together.
4. Now add frothy yeast mixture and ghee. Gently combine first and then add yogurt. Mix them all together.
5. Place the dough on floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 minutes or till the is smooth and stretchy.
6. Leave the dough in the greased mixing bowl and coat the dough with oil too.
7. Put a cling film on the bowl and leave to rest for 2 hours. The dough will be double in size. 8. After 2 hours, divide the dough into 9 or 10 equal pieces and roll them in your palms to smooth balls.
9. On a floured surface start rolling the dough ball to a triangle shape. Gently stretch with fingers too.
10. Take a frying pan, once the pan is on medium to high heat. Wet the naan on one side with water and place the wet side on the pan .
11. Leave it for couple of minutes and you will start noticing the naan puffing up. Turn the naan to the other side now. Cook for couple of minutes or till it’s golden brown.
12. Take it out and brush with melted butter and sprinkle coriander leaves on the top. Serve hot with butter chicken.