This Kerala egg roast recipe is shared by my friend who comes from there and cooks amazing food. I have made it with readily available spices and ingredients. Cooking your onions slowly and caramelising at the end holds the key for this awesome curry.
Here we go.
8 Eggs boiled, peeled and slit them slightly
4 Big Red Onions (more the better) chopped
4 Tomatoes chopped
2 Green Chillies, slit lengthwise
3 to 4 tbsp Sunflower Oil
2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
1. Add oil to the frying pan. Once it is hot, add eggs and fry till they are slightly golden brown. I like to add a pinch of turmeric to get an awesome colour to the eggs. Take them out and keep aside.
2. In the same oil, add onions and chillies. Coat them well with oil and cook on low to medium heat for atleast 10 minutes. Do not rush this process.
3. Once onions are soft, add tomatoes and mix well. Increase the heat slightly and cook for 5 to 6 minutes till tomatoes are softened.
4. Now add chilli powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix everything well. Cook on low heat. The onions now should start caramelising.
5. Now add eggs, coat them well with the masala and cook gently for 5 to 6 minutes or till oil starts separating.
6. Serve hot with rice or rotis.