Onion Pakoras or otherwise called bhajjis are so delicious and I usually have it with a cup of tea and thats how we have this as our evening snack. But in UK its served as a starter. My recipe is very easy and the pakoras are so light and crispy.
½ cup or (65gms) Gram Flour
1 tbsp Rice flour
1 small Red Onion, sliced
Few sprigs curry leaves
Salt to taste
Pinch of Sodium Bi Carbonate
Turmeric –1/4 tsp
Ajwain seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Combine both the flours with salt, sodium bi carbonate, curry leaves and onions.
- Add few tablespoons of water at a time and mix well that it forms a smooth batter. Don’t add too much water.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan. It should be piping hot.
- Take a spoonful of the batter in the oil to form small fritters. Reduce heat to medium and fry till they turn golden brown.
5. Once they turn golden brown, remove them on to kitchen roll.