Simple Paneer Butter Masala in Restaurant style! My favourite North Indian dish, so buttery and tasty. The recipe I have here is simple one that doesn’t need any blanching of onions & tomatoes. If you are intrigued then check the video & recipe out! Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Paneer is a type of cottage Cheese.
500g – cubed paneer, fried in 2 tbsp oil till golden brown.
4 Red Onions sliced
4 Tomatoes chopped
2 inch ginger piece sliced
2 Garlic Cloves sliced
7 to 8 cashew nuts, grinded to smooth paste with little water.
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder ( increase it 1 tsp if you like it hot)
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasuri methi
2 tbsp butter
5 tbsp sunflower oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add sliced ginger and garlic. Fry for couple of minutes.
2. Add sliced onions and fry for 5 to 6 minutes or till onions are soft.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or till tomatoes are soft.
4. Switch off and let the mix cool. Grind everything to a smooth paste.
5. Take a frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and cubed paneer and fry till they turn golden brown. You can fry them in batches or all together. Remove them onto a kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
6. In the same frying pan, add the onion, tomato, ginger and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add butter and mix everything. Keep frying for 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Add chilli powder, mix and then add cashew nut paste. Mix all.
9. Add turmeric, kasuri methi, coriander powder, salt, and garam masala. Mix everything well.
10. Add paneer, 1 cup of water. Mix everything. Put a lid and cook for 10 minutes. You should be able see oil separating. Switch off the heat.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or naans.