If you like Indian food and especially pakoras then you should definitely try these potato ones. they are the BEST!
I keep saying it, they are so easy to make and so delicious. I garnish with chopped red onions, lemon juice, salt and chilli powder to add zingy taste to the bhajjis. Super YUM!
½ cup or (65gms) Gram Flour
1 tbsp Rice flour
1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
Salt to taste
Pinch of Sodium Bi Carbonate
1/2 tsp Ajwain seeds
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Combine both the flours with salt, sodium bi carbonate.
- Add few tablespoons of water at a time and mix the flours to form a smooth batter. Consistency should be like pancake batter.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan. It should be piping hot.
- Dip sliced potatoes in the batter and gently drop it in the oil with a spoon. Reduce heat to medium and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Once they turn golden brown, remove them on to kitchen paper.
- Garnish with finely chopped red onions, pinch of salt, lemon juice and chilli powder.
- Serve hot as a snack or as a starter.