This potato curry is awesome with puris. Very traditional recipe and we have this for breakfast in India.
A great dinner option as well
2 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
1 onion, finely sliced
2 green chillies, sliced lengthwise ( 1 or 2 depending on your spice level)
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder/
2 tbsp gram flour mixed in 3 to 4 tbsp of water
1 sprig curry leaves
Salt to taste
1. Take a saucepan, add oil. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds start popping add curry leaves, onion and green chillies.
3. Let the onions cook on medium to low heat for 5 to 6 minutes till they soften.
4. Now add turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Mix everything.
5. Now add potatoes to the pan. Mix again.
6. Add gram flour mixed in water. Mix and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on very low heat.
7. Serve hot with Puris