Deep fried Puris made with chapathi flourtastes amazing with potatoes or chicken or even lamb curry.
Dont be alarmed that these are deep fried, if you do it the right way, they don’t absorb oil very much.
2 cups chapathi flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup water.
1 cup sunflower oil for deep frying
1. Add chapathi flour to mixing bowl. Add Salt and mix everything.
2. Make a small well in the middle, start adding water little by little to the flour and mix together to form smooth dough. Knead for 5 minutes, put a cling film on the bowl and leave to rest for 1/2 hour.
3. Take a lemon sized dough, shape to a smooth ball and roll to form a circle. Do them all together.
4. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan once the oil is hot, add the puris, fry 1 or 2 at a time.
5. Once they are golden brown,drain them off onto a kitchen paper.
6. Serve hot with potato or chicken or lamb curry. My fav is with potato curry.