Easy to make Sausage Rolls with ready rolled puff pastry. Delicious and moreish!
Sausage meat – 250g( you can make veg version with potatoes )
Bread crumbs – 2 tbsp
Shallots – 2
Ready rolled puff pastry sheet – 1
Sunflower oil – 1tbsp
age leaves – 5 to 6
Salt to taste
Ground pepper – 1/2tsp
Chilli powder- 1/4tsp
Egg – 1 lightly beaten
1. Take a frying pan, add oil and shallots. Fry for 5 to 6 mins. The onions should soften and are light golden brown.
2. Add sage leaves and fry for 2 mins. Take off the heat and Leave it to cool.
3. Add this onion mix to sausage meat. Add bread crumbs, salt, ground pepper and chilli powder. Mix everything together. Keep aside.
4. Flour the worktop and place the ready rolled puff pastry sheet. Cut in the middle to form 2 rectangles.
5. Place sausage meat in the middle and gently roll the pastry around the meat.
6. You can cut them to equal pieces as sausage rolls but if you like to make it as sausage roll wreath. Cut them to 3/4 lengths and bring the edges together. It should look like wreath now.
7. Place in the oven 200C or (180 if it is fan assisted) for 20 to 25 min. Keep checking last minutes to see the pastry is crispy and golden brown.
8. Serve hot with tea or coffee in the morning. This recipe and the taste beats Greggs sausage rolls.