I love growing vegetables and herbs in my garden. My favourite recipe of all to grow is tomato plants. Whenever I have them in abundance, I make this chutney which tastes so yummy.
2 to 3 green chillies (add according to your spice level)
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds, dry roasted
1/2 tbsp tamarind
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
For Tempering –
1 tsp blackgram lentils
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
few curry leaves
2 red chillies
1 tsp sunflower oil
1. Add a tbsp oil in a frying pan and then add fenugreek seeds. Fry for 30 seconds.
2. Add tomatoes and green chillies. Cover and cook for few minutes until mushy. Add tamarind, cumin powder, turmeric, salt and sugar.
2. Grind to a coarse paste.Keep aside
3. Heat a tsp of oil in a small pan for tempering. Add black gram lentils, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves. Once they start popping, add it to the tomato paste and mix everything.
4. Serve with pakoras, rice with a dollop of ghee or with dals.