Try this vegetable pakora recipe. These pakoras are so crispy and delicious that once you start eating, u can’t stop eating! Vegetable Pakoras or Bhajjis is exactly the same, different places in India called it differently. This is how the recipe goes:
1 Potato grated
1 Carrot grated
10 to 12 Cauliflower Florets cut into small pieces
1 Red Onion sliced
1.5 cups of Gram Flour (120g)
2 tbsp Rice flour
1/2 tsp Salt ( Or to taste)
1/2 tsp Chilli powder ( adjust to your spice level)
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Ajwain seeds ( if you can’t find these then add 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds )
Water to mix
Sunflower oil 2 cups for deep frying ( if you have a deep fat fryer, you can use it)
1. Take a mixing bowl and add grated potato, grated carrot, cauliflower florets and sliced red onion.
2. Then add gram flour, rice flour, salt, chilli powder, turmeric and ajwain seeds.
3. Mix them all together first. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix together. Keep assessing by mixing if it’s too dry. Add couple of extra tbsps of water to mix all together and the pakora batter holds its shape. Keep it aside.
4. Add 2 cups of oil and let it reach to a temp when you drop little amour of batter, it should sizzle float to the top.
5. Now it’s time to add gently spoonful of batter in the oil.
6. Fry them on each side couple of minutes or until they turn golden and crispy. It will take around 4 minutes at medium heat
7. Drain them on a plate lined with kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil. Serve them hot.